Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry (late) Christmas

Dear all,

Christmas was great!  We went to our friend's district meeting because our district leader never holds one so we watched the musical version of David and Goliath.  It's pretty awesome! We had dinner with an awesome member family on Christmas Eve. Then, we had a sleep over with all the Sisters in our zone!  We watched Finding Nemo and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  It was a blast!  On Christmas we spent almost the whole day with a member family and we got to talk to our families!  That was great!  However, I started feeling sick on Christmas and when I woke up the next day, it was a lot worse!  I got permission from the mission nurse to go to the Urgent Care on the north side of Indy. She has us go there because the doctor is a RM and he's from SLC. Haha!  He doesn't charge us anything!  The name tag means something there.  He told me that I have Pharyngitis and put me on an antibiotic.  Ew!  My voice sounds like I smoke 3 packs a day.  Yesterday I woke up with a billion more symptoms so I called the mission nurse to tell her and she laughed at me trying to explain my illness.  "Sister Fowler, you do not have a sore throat in your ears!"  That's what it feels like though! I will get better!  

Because I was sick and it was Christmas, we had a pretty bad week.  We taught a fraction of the lessons we normally teach. That was sad! I really just need to get better!! 

Well, President has told me that I will be here in Indy 1st for 6 months, but Sister Kitchen and I have a feeling I might be transferred in a couple weeks. That will make 4 1/2 months in my 1st area-so that's good.  I would love to stay here for another transfer-or the rest of my mission!  I love this area, but if the Lord needs me elsewhere, I will go.  :) I just love the Chin people so much!  

I hope everyone at home is staying warm, happy, and HEALTHY!  

I love you all!  xoxo

Sister Fowler

Sis. Kitchen and I

We bought this 80's jacket for Elder Uthaichai for Christmas!  Haha!

E. Uthaichai wearing his Christmas present.

We put make-up on E. Ledesma for Christmas! Who's a pretty lady?

No comments:

Post a Comment