Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Miracles!!

Dear all, 

This week has been LOVELY!

We go Christmas caroling every night with a member family and we show people "He is the Gift" on youtube.  That video brings the spirit! Even if there are a bunch of noisy children around.  :)

One night we were with a family that has 3 little boys.  Their oldest kept telling me about Star Wars because I've never seen it.  When we were caroling, he grabbed my hand and said, "Hold my hand, missionary!" In his cute little voice. He made me laugh so hard!  Later he was explaining to us about the First Vision and Joseph Smith and he told us, "God said to Jesus, 'you are my son!'"  I think he might be mixing Star Wars and the First Vision together...Haha!:)

Yesterday we saw too many miracles to count!  We had so many Chin people come to church!  Enough to start a branch of their own!  If only they would get baptized.  That's coming next!  We all sang Silent Night in Chin as part of the Christmas program.  Did I know what I was singing?  Nope.  Was the spirit there anyway? Yes!  Also, President Cleveland found us an interpreter.  Seriously, this guy is American, 28 years old, a member of the church, and knows Burmese?  It's too good to be true-but it is!  He came to church and spoke to them all.  He said that we need to order Books of Mormon in Malay because all of the people we teach lived in Malaysia before they came to America.  Also, he showed us an app that he created that will help us learn Burmese.  He said it only takes 3 days to learn the alphabet and in 4 months we could be fairly fluent.  That's if we had time to learn it!  Yeah, right!  Haha!  I'll stick to learning Chin because it's the same alphabet as English.  I have been so blessed to work with these people and I hope to stay here for as long as possible!  :)

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas season.  Don't forget to take our Savior's love to everyone you meet!  Romans 10:15

Love,
Sister Fowler xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment