Monday, January 26, 2015

Brown Town

B-burg is still great!  It's interesting...I don't like being senior companion because it's too much responsibility!  Like, we have about 100 miles to last us the whole week and we have to drive to Indy 3 times.  That's not gonna work out.  I need to learn how to budget!  So, we've been tracting a lot and walking to appointments.  Woof!  ;)  

This week we taught Randy, our drunk LARC.  He asked us how we knew he was an alcoholic and we were like, "Randy, you called us and told us you just drank 40 beers!"  Haha!  He's gonna get over this.  The Elders gave him a blessing to help him out!  Yesterday I told him that he needs to take care of his liver. :)

We taught Debbie J. a lot this week too.  She's the greatest!  She was in a house fire 2 years ago and from at least the waist up, her body is scarred and she doesn't have any hands.   We're praying that she will get the surgery that she needs before she can get baptized to help restore her mobility and help her recover.  She listens to the Book of Mormon everyday and she prays with so much faith.  I learn more from her than I will ever be able to teach her.  :)

We also taught Brian.  Brian could get baptized if he would just come to church! He has a strong testimony-he just doesn't come to church because he's a single father of a 2 year-old and a 7 year-old and he thinks they're too obnoxious to bring to Sacrament meeting.  I'm like-"Hello! Look at everyone else's crazy children and see how great yours are!"  He has the sweetest little girls.  We gave them an illustrated Book of Mormon yesterday.  I know they'll love it.  :)

Also, this week we had Disney themed District Meeting.  Sister Griffeth went as Elsa and I went as Snow white.  I just wore a red skirt with a navy shirt and a yellow cardigan with a red headband.  It was so great!  Good stuff.  The Avon Elders came as "Prince Charming" and "The Beast" because they didn't dress up. ;)

It was Sister Griffeth's birthday on Friday!  We had a blast!  That also makes my second companion with a birthday in 2 months because Sister Kitchen's was last month. :)  We celebrated!  We decorated our apartment with Frozen decorations and we got the game, pin the carrot on Olaf. Great times! 

Albert's baptism is on Saturday and we can't wait to go to Indy for it! He asked me to give a talk.  I'm excited because it will be translated into Burmese.  President said he's going to fill the chapel with people to support him!  That's exciting!  I love their family so much.  I'm going to cry when I see them again. :*)

Sister Griffeth has been teaching me how to play the Ukulele.  It's so much fun!  She plays and sings so well!  She has the voice of a literal angel.  She plays and sings for Debbie J. and it always brings the spirit so strongly.  

When Heavenly Father closes a good door, He always opens a better one.  I miss Indy so much, but I guess I have work to do in Brownsburg.  :)




This is why I love tracting in Indiana

No comments:

Post a Comment