Monday, October 6, 2014

Who's a happy missionary?

October 6, 2014

This week we contacted a referral from church headquarters.  She's from England and she was given a Book of Mormon 9 years ago when she lived there. She knows so much about the church!  She'll hopefully be baptized soon even though her husband is against the church.  He actually has no clue that she's meeting with us.  

I had to give training at district meeting this week.  That was a joke!  I've been out for like a day compared to the other missionaries. I trained on accountability and our mission's game plan.  That was scary!  Then we had to role play...:( I'm not good at role playing yet!  It was awkward to role play with my district leader too.  I don't know why, because the Elders are all like brothers to me!  Haha! 

So, last week I was struggling because I felt like I wasn't being a good missionary.  I haven't been sharing my testimony because the Chin people won't understand it in English. I hate the language barrier! Anyway, I made a goal to find another way to testify of the restored gospel and Joseph Smith.  During conference, I got the impression that I should learn to say my testimony in Chin.  It's going to be tough, but we have some investigators that will be able to help me.  

I know that one day, Indianapolis will have a Burmese Branch.  I'm so thrilled to be working with the pioneers of this area.  They already love God so much-we're just giving them the truth's they're missing. 

We went personal contacting in the park this week and met a boy named Charles.  He is so precious!  He's 18 and a senior in high school.  He believed what we told him about the restoration even though he wasn't raised religious at all.  He had some great questions too.  I can't wait to teach him more!

Love,
Sister Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment